-=PCTechTalk=- Please help with .dbx issue

  • From: wendy simmons <wsmailer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am trying to move some Outlook Express mail from one computer to another
while keeping it in it's original format (not saving each e-mail as an
individual file but wanting to go to OE and see the e-mail as it came in
initially). I tried to move a .dbx file from one computer to another but the
computer that the file was downloaded to does not see the new file/OE folder. I
also tried to create a new folder of the same name as the .dbx file, thinking
once the folder was created it would read the e-mails in it (the file I moved
over) but it just created a second .dbx file and ignored the one I downloaded.
Has anyone had any luck trying to do this? I would like to keep the
files/e-mails in their original format because of ease in tracking. I lose
tracking information when I save the individual e-mails as separate files (i.e.
lose sender, date received, full description of subject without opening each
individual file). Also this would be difficult as there are about 1000 e-mails
that need to be moved.

The computer that I am removing the mail files from is running Windows NT and
the computer that I am adding them to is running Windows 98. Also tried to add
them to a computer running Windows ME just to see if it would work and if the
glitch was Win98 - no luck. All computers have the same version of Outlook
Express as far as I can tell. When I looked at Microsoft's websire all I found
was information on working with newer versions of Outlook, unless I'm just not
looking for the information correctly.

A reply is not urgent as I am away from home and will not return til next
Tuesday.

Thank you very much in advance,

Wendy Simmons

faith.yahoo.com