-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PC Remote Control

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:00:48 -0400

Sandi,
    Since the warnings you have repeatedly heard that have 'gifted' you with
these panic attacks whenever you think about it all come from people who
simply don't want to help you fix anything you might break (and you know I'm
not one of those), I am certainly suggesting that you 'unprogram' yourself
and enjoy this extremely benign opportunity to get a bit familiar with that
dreaded, scary beast we lovingly call the Registry.  The beauty of this
situation is that there are no changes to be made.  The only contact you
will have with your keyboard (once you type in the search term) will be the
F3 key and possibly the arrow keys, none of which will introduce any
modifications to what's already there.

    To open up the Registry Editor, go to Start > Run, type in "Regedit"
(without the quotes) and press Enter.  Like all other Windows windows, you
can Maximize the window for maximum viewability.  Press F3 and it'll ask you
for the search term.           :)O      <---- A Rembrandt!       lol

http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"