-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PC Remote Control

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:05:13 -0500

I just finished looking around in the Registry and I want to thank you for
taking away the aura of mystery and awe that has always been associated (by
me) with The Registry.
I did the F3 search until it said I had reached the end.  I only found  Open
Save MRU and in the right pane was ab in a little box with an e after it
and it said REG-SZ    C\PC Remote Control.exe.  It also noted my analysis
which I previously sent and it is in My Documents folder.  Also noted
Default.rdp in My Documents.
I had not mentioned before that also in My Documents is an icon titled
Default.rdp.  A right click and properties showed it was created Feb. 2008,
0 bytes,Type Remote Desktop Connection, attributes hidden.  The icon is a
little dish with monitor slightly overlapping.
I do not recall how that icon got in My Documents but when I opened it, it
seems to be just that: an accessory to connect to a remote computer.
And I did run an AVG virus scan and AVG AntiSpyware scan over this little
icon and no threats found.
Sandi
P.S.  I know the above message is a bit convoluted but I hope it makes a
little sense.