-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PC Remote Control

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:32:03 -0400

Sandi,
    Welcome back.       :O)

    Without more info, there's no way for us to know what it means by "PC
Remote Control" either.  That phrase may be a legit program that's designed
to accept input from a real handheld remote (perhaps using Bluetooth, IR or
other wireless carrier signal) or it could be a generic name for spyware
that phones home and gives control to a cracker.  The difference is far too
staggeringly vast that it would be unwise for anyone to guess one way or
another.

    If the program can tell you where it was found, the file's name and
other such info, let us know and we'll try to find out more about the beast.
;0)

http://tinyurl.com/3yur9h

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"