-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT: On Internet Radio........

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 00:21:04 -0400

Jo Ann,
    You've hit on the difference yourself without hurting my theory one bit.
The difference is that yours came with ME preinstalled (and I think Intel
was making the switch over to PIII CPUs at the same time).  The rest of the
world and I tried installing it on our well running 98 & 98SE systems
because MS never pushed the idea that it might not work so well on older
devices.  I believe mine had a PII 350 in it with 128MB of SDRAM.  The real
telling part of it all is that Win2000 ran nearly as well as 98SE on it, but
ME made it choke.  Go figure.      lol

    I still have that computer (with 512MB of RAM) and use Win2K for testing
other (usually newer) system's networking capabilities.       :O)

http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"