-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OT: On Internet Radio........

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:11:13 -0400

Well, I'm afraid that cable is not yet available in this neck of the woods.
Remember, 5 years ago we couldn't even get phone service out here (although
the neighbor had it, go figure).  In any case, I'm happy to just be
connected.        lol

There is a wireless company that just fired up a tower nearby.  They are
offering 6Gb/sec connection speeds as long as you're able to get a good
signal at your location.  This tower is not far from here, but the landscape
consists of rolling hills.  The tower is located in the village (what they
call our extremely small town) at the top of one such hill and we are
located near the top of another.  Yet, they tested and discovered that we
don't receive enough of the signal out here.  Our relative closeness to them
with little in between makes me wonder if anyone can get a signal anywhere
but 'in town'.      : /

http://tinyurl.com/ypbuue

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"