-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need help for husbands WinVista desktop computer

  • From: "Paula" <biggmamma5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 02:13:25 -0400

Thank you once again...Mack(my husband)tried what I printed out..it didn't
work.  He just tried system restore & on the first cd of three & it
automatically went back to 3 days ago..BUT he's had this problem longer than
that...so he took the disc out & it restored it back to the time that I still
had the problem.  After maybe 2-3 hours ..same problem.  Cannot do
anything/can't save files..nothing. *He had Office 2010 and thought it might be
his problem to went back to Office 2007/after restoral it went back to Office
'10 & still same problem.  ...thanks for your suggestions..anyone who can help
will be most welcome.  (he doesn't understand why it wouldn't restore the
computer to its original state when he bought it..why just 3 days??!!)
Hi, Paula--
what I didn't say outright is: it may be a good thing to try to figure out
what is causing DEP to get triggered; from what MS says, it could be viral
activity--or something else, maybe.  Just be cautious.
Other list members:  Anyone else know more about this than I do??

Sr. Dorothy
in the Subject.