-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need help for husbands WinVista desktop computer

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:58:12 -0500

Paula, I wonder if he has tried  Error Checking.  Go to C Drive, Properties,
Tools, Error checking and also check the box that says fix errors.  Or
System File Checker by going to Start, Run, and entering sfc /scannow.  It
will ask for your original disk.
I have not done either of these for a while so hope I have directed you
properly.  If I have not, I am sure one of the Mods will set us straight!
Sandi
P.S.  Oops, I just noticed that he has WinVista.  I am using WinXP Pro.  May
be different file checking procedures.