-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Looking surge protector

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:02:58 -0500

<Copy>
You know this gives me an idea.  When my husband was alive, he screwed a
surge protector into the wall over my work bench at eye level so I could
plug my lights, airbrush, small air compressor and other tools into
it.  This would be an easy idea to do the same thing with 3 surge
protectors and have their cords go into a 4 plug surge protector which goes
into the wall unit.

Now would this decrease the effectiveness of the amount of electricity
going to each 6 plug-in surge protector.
<End>

It is more dependent on the load you put on each plug. If you plug in
several commercial air compressors, then yes, you have too much load. But I
know you are not doing that. I am a programmer by trade, my best advice
would be to ask a friend who is familiar with electricity.

I have six printers (two are lasers), and this room used to have just one
outlet. I got an electrician to add some outlets and give them their own
switch at the fuse box. That way, when someone turns on a hair dryer,
nothing in here so much as flickers.

Robert