-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Looking surge protector

  • From: "sue" <christrueman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 02:45:27 +0100

nope robert..I am on dialup .......................unfortuntately for a
while longer...(:..i unplug the computer because of storms..its still
rcommended even with a surge protector (: as for sat service.. wish I could
afford..thats dearer for me than broadband(: lol!  (and as I live in the
remote wilderness so far as the UK telephone exchange is concerned..) we are
advised in case of storms to unplug computers from the modem..in fact my
step-nephew's modem was fried during a storm..whether he had a surge
protector i am not sure..but i have heard even with one..you are still best
unplugging the computer from the moden..?