-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Looking surge protector

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:40:51 EDT

   It is my understanding, and the reason I have several, is that UPS'
condition the incoming power and supply a steady output of power to the
computer.
I live in the country where low voltage is a serious problem and the UPS
provides a better and higher voltage to my systems.  This, to me, is more
important
than the backup power supply should the power go out.
   A battery backup system is not the same as an uninterruptable power supply.
mjh

trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Uninterruptible Power Supply.
>
> It is a set of or single battery, that gives you some extra time to power
> down
> the PC etc, should the mains power go off.
>
> Trevnal

MJH