-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Looking surge protector

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:25:44 -0500

<Copy>
But, I don't want to electrocute myself when I screw in the
protectors.  But if I stay 6" away from either side of it straight up from
the wall unit I should be OK.  Right?  There is a window above the wall
unit so I know the wires don't come from the ceiling down.
<End>

Check the box or package the surge protector came in (if you still have
them). The ones I sold had a template. What I would do is decide where I
want the surge protector, and tape the template right there. It will show
you where to screw in a couple screws so you can hang you surge protector
right there.

If you don't have a template, make one. Draw the outline of the surge
protector on a sheet of paper. Turn the surge protector over, and look for
the screw holes. (Usually there is two.) Place a sheet of paper and draw or
punch the holes into the template. Now you have a template to you can use
on the wall.

Robert