-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP problem

  • From: "milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:09:58 -0800

I do get a choice of printers IF there are printers to choose from. My
problem with THAT was that I had BOTH the problem printer and the one that
works, hooked up via usb..once I change the old one to parrelel then part of
the problems were solved. I can choose either. BUT I still don't get a
decent print off the old printer. It still prints one copy and then goes to
garble until it wants to stop and the printing que is empty.  And I keep
getting a blinking ink lights...That is still not solved. I have been thru
countless version of what to do..and every time something happens different
than what is advised.. I tried adding back in the restore copy from the
restore disk. Still not right. I got the install wizard..so I really don't
know where I am with the old hp except it doesn't work right when connected
to the computer... unconnected it prints out a test page and a diagnostic
page of sorts just fine. It's plugged in but not useable..