-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP problem

  • From: "suzanne" <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:18:43 -0600

ok... with the info on the hieroglyphics being printed on one line over and
over... I have another suggestion, which has worked for me with HP deskjets
in the past.  have lots of paper on hand and let it print those out until it
stops.  I've found that this is the only way to clear out the internal
queue.  when you stop that from printing, the *job* still remains in queue
and when you reboot your pc, it wants to start printing that stuff all over
again.

~s

----- From: "milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

: I tried that and other things..I don't know if it's the printer or the
: software. The printer DOES print but all I get is garble now. And it goes
: thru a succession of repeated buttons blinking in rotation. THEN goes into
: print mode and out comes nothing but symbols--maybe a line or two or even
: just one or two --over and over. If I ddin't stop it, it would just keep
: printing like that until I shut of the computer. AND I found that nothing
: in the print que from that printer will delete without repeated effort.It'
: being a real pistol. I have spent  hours a day for a week--I like that
: printer and I HATE like heck to loose it.  I did try a manual install but
: could have missed something. or skipped something.