-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP problem

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:26:20 -0800

How come you can't shut off the printer -- Go into Print dialog
thingie and delete the job,  shut down computer, then pull the
plug from printer to electricity, reconnect, hit reset a few
times, then turn the computer back on .  When my HP Deskjet
720C goes **wonky** this is what I do and works.

Judith

ok... with the info on the hieroglyphics being printed on one
line over and
over... I have another suggestion, which has worked for me with
HP deskjets
in the past.  have lots of paper on hand and let it print those
out until it
stops.  I've found that this is the only way to clear out the
internal
queue.  when you stop that from printing, the *job* still
remains in queue
and when you reboot your pc, it wants to start printing that
stuff all over
again.

~s