-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP problem

  • From: "milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:21:23 -0800

I have installed thru install wizzrd because that always comes up. I HAVE
gone into someplace in control panel I think thru Admin and device
manager..nothing has made any difference.  I went back and tried to reset to
default settings. To start over.
Hp WILL print unplugged from computer in test print fine with no problem.
the mechanical works and the print is accurate stand alone, no computer
connection.
Hooked back up to computer then it goes crazy after either one or two
prints.  I can't install it on another conputer for test--no access to one.

I just keep thinking IF I could delete all of HP down to the bone for this
printer and reinstall from the restore disk? it WOULD be OK..since the
restore disk would have the NEW copy of hp without whatever is going on now.

    *~<*> Mary Lou<*>~*
                 /\ - /\
                >> ^.^ <<
               --0---0--
    kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  In the land of Theraputic
           Hurricanes
Why wait?...join Earthlink...

From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:39:00 -0800

possible files. And no idea WHICH are the right ones...
    *~<*> Mary Lou<*>~*

Have you gone into the Hp Toolkit that came with your printer?
Clicked on Troubleshooting and tried to correct the problem
through it?

There is a whole lot of useful information in it.

Judith