-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMan - lcd reply--Rose

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:30:45 -0700

I 100% agree Rudy,,,,,

You need to keep your cool and keep your eye on the prize.  The prize being
getting your problem resolved.

Be nice to them, they are just doing their job and some folks perform better
than others.  Yes, some folks clearly do not care to do a good job, but we
run into that everywhere.
I ran into that when I was working and I did my best to get those folks
motivated to perform...or gone!

If you continue to repeat what you have said..and ask questions, eventually,
it will happen.
I often take the tact of saying. ,,

Do you mean if I do (what ever it is they said..and I repeat it all) that my
machine will perform as it is suppose to and it will not crash (or it will
print..or whatever the problem is?)

If the support is online,
I do NOT believe in typing one and two word responses.

I type in sentences as I do when speaking to a live tech.

Repeating what the tech said is called reflective listening.
"Ok, so now I am plugging in the printer cable into the printer.  Do you
want me to connect the other end into the computer now?"
This lets them know exactly what I am doing and they can 'picture it'.

It helps to keep both sides of the conversation on the same wave length.

Be patient.  It is difficult at times when you get sent from level to level
for support and repeating the same stuff over and over.
I also make a habit of copying the chat and pasting it into a blank
document.  Then, I have a record of the chat for the future.
That has come to help me in the past.

So Yes Rudy, Be firm but fair..... lol!

Rose