-=PCTechTalk=- GMan - lcd reply

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:58:29 -0400

GMan,
    Yes, I do want to bumb the resolution down so here is a question for
you. Every higher end monitor say's to get optimal results set to native
resolution. How true is this? Would I lose much quality watching movies? I
have info on native below, which you already know.
This text in OE looks great, also I came across ClearType. I had to install
it but still do not see some of the options...you tweak ClearType? I can not
find the Appearness and Personalization tab??.....ClearType i's best used
with native resolution also :)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/c3a4da66-c335-45f5-a71f-d162d1b64ed41033.mspx

Most things look fine at 1680x1050 and then there are other issues...sorry
to drag this on but I'll get it eventually..this text looks awesome...if
everything was this big/bright and no tab problems...so native resolution or
not...I go with you...

Rudy

Liquid crystal displays (LCD) which are found on laptops and flat panel
displays have a native screen resolution associated with them. That is the
resolution in which the display was designed to operate. Screen resolutions
are typically expressed in number of pixels in the horizontal direction of
the display and the number of pixels in the vertical direction of the
display. For example, a display which has a native resolution of 1280 × 1024
has 1280 pixels in the horizontal direction and 1024 pixels in the vertical
direction.

Various display devices react differently when displaying content using a
device's non native resolution. When displaying at a resolution smaller than
the native resolution, for example when displaying at 1024 × 768 when the
native resolution is 1280 × 1024, most displays scale the output so that it
fills the entire screen even though the signal from the display adapter does
not fill the entire screen. Other displays will only use the number of
pixels represented by the signal from the adapter. In that case the image
will not fill the entire screen but the image will be at the native
resolution for the display.

-