-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Problems following upgrade

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:36:31 -0500

Keeping you posted!  Win Patrol popped up this morning to tell me a new
program wanted to be added to my Startup programs.  I checked the plus
information and this is what it said:
Dump Report- DUMPREP.EXE
A new feature was introduced with Windows XP that detects when your machine
had serious problems offers to send the collected error data to Microsoft's
Support server. This file may also appear as either DUMPREP 0 -K and DUMPREP
0 -U.

This program is added to your Startup programs and the next time you reboot
you'll be asked if you'd like to report the problem to Microsoft. Nobody
knows what Microsoft does with this information. It's possible if they
receive enough error reports caused by a particular program they'll contact
the vendor and suggest they update their program to work better under
Windows XP.

It's not a bad idea if they use the data effectively but you're under no
obligation to send information about your system.

This message replaces the old Windows "blue screen" and if you're seeing it
often you may have a program which is behaving badly under Windows XP. This
entry will be removed automatically the next time you reboot.

a.. Safe

a.. Safe to remove

Microsoft.com

Copyright © 1997-2005 BillP Studios
All Rights Reserved.

I did not allow it to be added but consider it another indicator that
something is seriously amiss with my system.  My tech is to get back to me
next week.  That is o.k. if I don't totally crash in the meantime.  Do you
have any advise for me during this waiting time?  Should I be shutting down
at night and not leave it on 24-7 as I have been prone to do?  Can I assume
you do not need the mainboard information since we are going to deal with it
locally?

a..

a..