-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Problems following upgrade

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:53:14 -0400

Sandi,
Over the years various processors have used different sockets to be plugged
into.  In some cases a full range of processors might all use the same
socket and in some the socket might change in mid stream.

If your motherboard was built to host one of the less popular processors or
if your motherboard is very old it could indeed be a very difficult task to
find a new or even just newer processor for it.  Compound that problem if it
uses an "off" brand such as Via or an early model from AMD.

Don