-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Problems following upgrade

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:51:15 -0500

G, you asked for info about the motherboard and I did not respond by giving
that info because I thought my local tech would be out to make needed
corrections soon.  So far he has not and I continue to have strange things
occurring (too numerous to mention!).  Anyway the Main Circuit Board,
according to BeLarc, is as follows:  Board: Intel Corporation D845PESV
AAA97671-106
Serial Number: AZSV30101043
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. SV84510A.86A.0017.P09.0304251748 04/25/2003
I have been shutting my computer off at night and I think this has helped
which would indicate you are correct in your first thoughts that the system
is overheating.
I have suggested to my tech that he bring along the old  Processor if he
still has it.  He did not respond as to whether or not he does still have
it.  He did say he thinks the problem is with the new Processor he
installed.
Sandi