-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Computer Problems following upgrade

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:49:53 -0400

Sandi,
    Some web pages you should have bookmarked.

http://tinyurl.com/6rdw5l    (board info)
http://tinyurl.com/5myf5o    (BIOS updates & manual)
http://tinyurl.com/5dc4u8    (All drivers for your chipset - OS dependent)
http://tinyurl.com/577nuw    (approved RAM)

    And some you should read.

http://tinyurl.com/5nc7g9    (compatible CPUs)
http://tinyurl.com/56xjwa    (setting USB to 2.0 speeds)
http://tinyurl.com/552jub    (installing CPU)

    It appears you now have one of the best CPU's available for your board.
That's great, as long as it works.  However, I still feel that you're
dealing with some serious heat issues there and the most likely culprit is
the mating between the CPU and heatsink.  There is also a chance that your
RAM is not of the type approved for the board (or that one of the sticks is
faulty).  While you're waiting for him to return, my advice would be to
update all of the board's drivers (as close to the order that they specify
below as possible) and see if that helps.

http://tinyurl.com/6aomse