-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD-R versus CD-RW

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:03:46 -0400

Maybe its different with the file structure on CD-RW and the format function.
But, I used software these last two days that was allowed me to recover data
from a formatted drive. WinXP was the former OS, and WinXP was reinstalled from
scratch, AFTER a full reformat in NTFS (prior was also NTFS formatted), and I
was able to recover files from the former format. So, the safe bet, if you
REALLY want to delete data is to have an app like Norton write 0/1's to the
drive or CD.
---Troth