-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD-R versus CD-RW

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:58:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 10:28 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD-R versus CD-RW

> Thanks, Andy and Robert. And if I need to erase from a CD-RW can I not
just
> do that with the software?  I did get my pictures on the CD-R with your
help
> Andy.  At least, I think they are there! :-)
> Sandi

Glad it worked...It's easy enough to check it..stick the disc in your CD
drive, click on 'My Computer', then click on the drive the disc is in, and
you shouldsee a list of all of the files you burnt.

Don't run before you can walk, but the up to date versions of most CD
writing software packages give you the option of creating somethgin called a
'Photo CD'..This type of disc can be played in many stand alone DVD players
to give a slideshow of all of the contents on the TV screen.

As for erasing the CD-RW, yes,  you just erase it with the writing software.

Cheers

Andy