-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Bios System.

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:46:13 -0500

You're not sunk yet.  There is a small (maybe small, maybe bigger) lithium
battery that holds the memory of the BIOS.  Some are held with clips and can
be carefully taken out for awhile and replaced and then the BIOS
automatically goes to default settings.  Others are soldered into the
mainboard and have a jumper to clear the BIOS.  You move the jumper from one
set of pins to the other and then back and that will send you back to the
defaults.  Most modern mainboards have a software function for this, but who
knows with some of the package systems?