-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Bios System.

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:56:12 -0400

Lionel, you generally have two ways to reset the BIOS. The definite
all-purpose method is to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.
Doing so will wipe all the settings. But, you may have to keep it out for
some time, as its made so you don't lose settings when replacing a battery.
How long, I wouldn't know. But, have heard cases of literally a day. Worth
a try to remove it for about 10-15 minutes.

The second method usually involves a jumper on the motherboard. You
basically have to move the jumper to a specific position. If you have the
mobo's instruction manual, that should tell you. If no manual, you can
always look it up assuming you know the brand/model of your mobo.

---Troth