-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem solved

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:38:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/03 10:14:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So far, the error has not shown itself. Yes, I could blame Brother. I could
> blame Microsoft for allowing a backwards Office to be installed on the same
> machine as a new Office. Or I could blame me for deciding to hook up the
> Brother printer. Or I could be happy it was fixed. I really expected a
> hardware error and I think the technician did, too.
>
> Thank you everyone.
>
> Robert

Robert
   Glad to learn of your VICTORY!!!!!
   Most likely your Office2000 was an UOGRADE rather than a FULL version and
that is why you were asked for the Office 97 cd.... but, I understood that was
only for verification of ownership purposes and NOT for installation.

MJH