-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Advice re leaving computer on 24/7

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:27:08 -0600

Welll, people on both sides of the issue can (and will) argue this well. I
leave my computer on 24/7 because I am involved in Tech Support. Any email
that arrives while I am asleep gets a message that I am sleeping, but the
inquiry +will+ be answered within the next half day.

Another reason for my leaving it on all the time is I have several
relatives near death and in the hospital. The nurses send me reports.

At midnight each night, I turn off Norton Anti Virus and get on Panda
Online Anti Virus. I run an anti virus through them, get a report, and
reactivate Norton when done.

And at 2:00am each morning, I run Norton Anti Virus.

At 6:00 each morning, I update Norton Anti Virus.

For me, with family members in hospital, its become a necessity for me. For
those of you wondering, "why don't I just call that person?" I can't hear
over the phone, and in most cases the patients are near coma, so I could
not talk to them if I could hear.

LOL, I am not sure this helps. Does it?

Robert