-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Advice re leaving computer on 24/7

  • From: "BashfulBob" <BashfulBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelist" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:08:20 -0600

Hi
It seems to me that to measure a flow rate over the MB would be rather
difficult because cables (both flat and round) would affect the air flow.
Also different cards come with fans on them and that could affect the path
of the air flow, plus cards come in all sizes and are arranged differently
in puters.

I have seen cases with filters in the cases by the fans.

All cases take in air from the front and front side and out the back. Some
cases are coming out with fans in the side of the cases and where the MB
attaches.

I suggest that you kept the inside as open (less restriction) as possible.
Some of you may want to switch to the round cables rather then the flat
ribbon cables.

Bob
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's