[PA28235] Re: ethanol in mogas

  • From: jjhoneck@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:14:09 +0000

(Just back from a couple of days camping with the plane (and my son) up on
Madeline Island, out in Lake Superior.  If there is anyting else that better
illstrates the best use of a GA airplane, I don't know what it is -- 2.2 hours
from Iowa City to Lake Superior!)

(BTW: 90+ degrees, climb to 10,500 feet, cruise for over 2 hours on that
horrible car gas.  Dang, if it didn't run perfectly fine?  Amazing!  :-)

Anyway, your airport CAN NOT prevent you from bringing car gas to fuel your own
plane.  They are violating the law by doing so, and you might point that out to
your airport manager -- with a nice letter from your attorney?
--
Jay

Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

-------------- Original message from FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx: --------------

In a message dated 7/13/2006 10:05:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mikegot2go@xxxxxxx writes:
Bringing gas to the airport sees like too much work
and my airport does not allow it.

Ed