Re: vmware & Oracle

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:34:42 -0500

I think the wording in that has changed significantly from what was there a
couple years ago. I could be wrong but it seems a lot clearer now than it
used to be.

On 7/20/07, Neil Overend <neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After reading the actual licence terms (which I should have done
earlier :-) the development licence does sound much more restrcitive
than I thought, The phrase

"All software downloads are free, and each comes with a Development
License that allows you to use full versions of the products only while
developing and prototyping your applications."

does sound a  bit misleading to me, when compared to the details

> "You may not:
> [ text deleted]
> - continue to develop your application after you have used it for any
> internal data processing, commercial or production purpose without
> securing an appropriate license from us, or an Oracle reseller;"

I'll bet there are a lot of people who don't actually read the details
(me included), i should be more careful in future, good job
licencing's not part of my job role :-)