vmware & Oracle

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had much experience (good or bad) with running their Oracle DB's on
the "vmware" product from VMware Inc.  Speaking to local re-sellers there
appears to be a division of opinon as to whether or not there are performance
hits when doing so.  We've a mixed bag of Oracle versions (8.1.7 to 10.1.0.4),
underpinning various applications on our site all running on Windows Server
2000 or 2003.  Any feedback, pointers, or links to useful papers would be
appreciated, though I'm really interested in "real life" experiences with the
product.

Regards,
Seán O'Neill,

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged. If
you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete and
destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy, forward
and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without permission of the
sender.