Re: ot - laptop for dba

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: girlgeek@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:38:53 -0700

You don't need a VM to run Windows on a Mac - it comes with a feature called
Boot Camp, which lets you switch between the two by rebooting.  You still need
a valid Windows license, of course.

I am a part-time Sys Admin and DBA, and full-time software developer, and I've
used Macs exclusively for about 10 years.  I have a Windows partition but use
it as little as possible (which is not very often).  For me, this is the best
of all worlds.  As always, YMMV.

janine

---
Janine Sisk