Schema duplication on the same database.

  • From: Dhimant Patel <drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:05:20 -0400

Hi All,

I have Oracle Standard Edition installed and have two schema in use (call it
prodA, prodB) in this database. I wanted to create two additional schema(s)
(copyA and copyB) and want to maintain both in sync with original schema(s).
I know streams can not be used since it is only Enterprise version feature.
I currently use datapump for schema duplication but this is little bit
different - since downtime is not acceptable (hence both should be in sync,
almost!).

I thought of following:

1> Instead create new users and allow full access to prodA and prodB via
synonyms and hope all is ok - since we now have four users and could later
on face issues of objects and links all over the place.

Didn't like this idea.

2> Use replication for all objects and copy them over to copyA and copyB. It
still wont allow copying of stored procedure code, which is large in our
case.

3> Could proxy user can help? But I think they are for external users like
in the case of application servers etc.

Any other ideas?
-Thanks,
DP.