RE: ot - laptop for dba

  • From: "Blanchard, William" <wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <girlgeek@xxxxxxxx>, <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:11:31 -0500

Claudia,

If your purpose is to play with 11g, then you really only have two
options (well, ok, three via VirtualBox/VMWare/Parallels) Windoze or
Linux.  11g isn't available yet for Mac and, if memory serves, it took
about 3 or 4 years from the initial release of 10g for the Mac version
to come out.  If you use Solaris at work, you can install OpenSolaris on
a partition so your environment is similar to what you'll see at work.

WGB