Re: Coke switches to DB2!!

  • From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:46:34 -0700 (PDT)

With DB2 v9 data compression is comming "out-of-box"... that's might be one of
the arguments...

I have noticed that from quality of support and from the cost perspective it's
usualy better combination (at least in last few years):
SAP-DB2
Siebel-Oracle DB
Peoplesoft-Oracle DB

Examples? OBIEE (former Siebel Analytics) to DB2 v9 certification was released
by Oracle less than 3 months before DB2 v8 support was dropped by IBM (April
30th). Needless to say that 3 months is not enought time for customers to test
applications with supported database version. At the same time OBIEE is
certified with Oracle 9, 10, 11 (different releases).

Regards
Mike Navickas
Oracle&DB2 DBA