Re: Some comments on the Optacon

  • From: "Michael Bowman-Jones" <mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:47:28 -0700

Bob,

I don't know if this is of any help but I found that by carefully peeling
the label off the bottle and then placing it very carefully on the mat that
came with the Optacon (so as to avoid wrinkles), the label is much easier to
figure out as it is on a flat surface  and won't move around because the
bottom side is still sticky.  Additionally, the instructions for use are
usually at the bottom and in larger print so, instead of putting the med's
name on the bottle, I put the dosage as I don't care about the name at that
point in time.  For instance "m3" equals three pills in the morning; "mae1"
is 1 pill morning, afternoon and evening, etc.  I keep the med names/dosages
on a separate list in the computer and have a hard copy in the car, the
refrigerator, and various other places should it ever be needed.

Hope this helps.

Michael Bowman-Jones