[opendtv] Re: How about a roast of Bert at NAB?

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:18:50 -0500

I know you were there, and believe you. And I also trust the word and
judgment of Mark Shubin.

But I stated soon after that test I felt I'd been fooled by Zenith/LG
before and was still waiting for the STB's to arrive before I really
believed in them.

Everybody saw something that appeared to work, followed by statements
they would appear on the market.  Now it seems they will not so those
STB's used in the test maybe go back to being more vapor in my mind,
right along with the Linx.

I don't know what happened but something is obviously not right in ATSC
STB land.

- Tom