[opendtv] Re: How about a roast of Bert at NAB?

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:46:10 -0500

No problem switching to the 8-VSB  mindset. After all we were one of the
first to test LG's 5th gen receiver and have been trying to buy then
ever since. So I will use even minimally workable 8-VSB receivers if I
can get them. That was true in 1999 as it is today. So far no luck.

But at least now I know they are possible which leaves open the question
of why they are not being produced in quantity as we speak. Something
happened to turn Hisense around on a dime and LG off making stand alone
receivers.

Maybe someday someone will write a book explaining all the weirdness
that goes on in this business. Who does not want good inexpensive stand
alone 8-VSB receivers on the market and how do they get to anyone who
might build one and keep it off the market.

On the other hand does anyone know someone that would build such a
receiver in the face of whatever the pressure is that is being exerted?

I am becoming a conspiratorialist which has been against my nature and
mother nature IMO for that matter. :'(

Bob Miller