[opendtv] Re: How about a roast of Bert at NAB?

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:59:58 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

Who does not want good inexpensive stand
 > alone 8-VSB receivers on the market and how do they get to anyone who
 > might build one and keep it off the market.

Well, if we really want to get paranoid, maybe the most recent Shubin
apartment tests were rigged, deceptive, or otherwise non-reproducible
somehow. (??) In that case maybe no one yet really knows how to make
good inexpensive stand alone 8-VSB receivers.

Heck, to some extent that is what happened with the other 4 generations
so maybe it's time to get skeptical again.  ;-)

- Tom