[opendtv] Re: 625 video quality is good enough....

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:35:44 +0100

If you've been reading this thread, you should already know that we're
talking of the practical possibilities of getting 1080/50p and 60p to the
viewer. At present, MPEG2 cannot reduce the raw data rate down to a
practical value for transmission within the existing agreed spectrum
allocations. I would have thought that was obvious.