[opendtv] Re: 625 video quality is good enough....

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:19:55 +0100

The 2003 performance was also shot in HDTV, 1080/50i, but using Thomson
LDK600 cameras. The mix of lenses was not as good as for 2004. 2003 used an
Alfacam truck, 2004 used a newly HDTV-converted  BBC truck. There were
several shots in the 2003 show that I wasn't happy with, some down to camera
noise, but most down to the lenses. One particularly had chromatic
aberration that we couldn't get rid of. Since the truck and kit came as part
of a single deal, there was little we could do except shuffle things to get
it as good as possible.

Again, I was at the shoot, monitoring with the Vision Supervisor.

Things can only get better.