[muglo] Re: Internet Sharing (was Telephone cord routing)

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:46:00 -0400

On 10/06/06, Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Eric.  I still have the original packaging from when I bought
> the ethernet cable.  It's a category 5e CrossOver Patch Cable, Rj45
> Male/LAN.
>
> I've done some moving around of stuff in my office, so it looks like
> I'll now be connecting the G4 with the iBook G3, both using 10.3.9,
> with the ethernet cable.   However, I am nervous about one of the
> computers going wireless for security reasons.  It's not that much of
> a hassle pulling in and out the telephone cords, so perhaps I'm
> better off with the status quo for the time being.

What do you mean with the computers going "wireless"? It doesn't sound
like you have AirPort cards for any of them. Or do you?

I wouldn't bother investing in a wireless network if all you're
sharing is a dial-up connection!!! Your outlay (assuming you have none
of the hardware) will be $200-300, depending on what choices you
make--I'd rather spend the money on a high speed internet connection
for a year than on a wireless network (if I had to choose).

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/