[muglo] Re: Internet Sharing (was Telephone cord routing)

  • From: Chris <kristoff1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:24:41 -0400

Hi Leith,
Just a connection between the 2 computers. The G4 with OS X would
have a built-in firewall and you'd want to set up a password to
connect via Airport.
Only thing is, unless you already HAVE the Airport Cards, it could
prove costly. The original Airport cards are becoming few and far
between, and therefore the price for used is skyrocketing. And these
won't accommodate the Airport Extreme cards (at least not the iBook
--- I'm unsure of your G4's specs).
I would advise keeping an eye out for an Airport card for the iBook,
and pick up a D-Link PCI 802.11 B or G card to stick in one of the
PCI slots of the G4. They're fairly reasonably priced. Just research
compatibility first.
Chris

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/