[muglo] Re: Epson printer error

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:40:55 -0500

On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

> Dumb question: aren't colour lasers available for $500 or less now?
> Wouldn't they be better quality? I know colour cartridges are
> expensive, but isn't the page cost comparable? I threw out 3 or 4 ink
> jets recently and rely on a 5 yr. old B & W Samsung laser that keeps
> on tickin'.

Samsung B/W are very good printers, sort of on a par with the old
Applewriter Lasers, but colour lasers didn't get very good reviews
in MacWorld, or Consumers for printing photos. Page cost is way less
on a Laser as for $100, or less B/W Toner you get 3,000 to 4,000 copies.
Ink Jets, even expensive ones, rarely get more than 3-400 copies.
TeeC