[muglo] Re: Epson printer error

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:31:05 -0500

Dumb question: aren't colour lasers available for $500 or less now?
Wouldn't they be better quality? I know colour cartridges are
expensive, but isn't the page cost comparable? I threw out 3 or 4 ink
jets recently and rely on a 5 yr. old B & W Samsung laser that keeps
on tickin'.
On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> I explored the Epson web site and they say that the message is the
> result of ink pads that absorb ink from cleaning cycles and over spray
> from borderless printing.  Seems kind of like planned obsolescence as
> I am sure it could be designed in a way that would make it an easily
> replaced part by the user.  I am happy with the performance of the
> printer in all other aspects but this seems crazy that a $1,00 printer
> should be junked after 3 years.  Kind of makes me wonder if I will
> purchase another Epson product.
> Quoted from the Epson web-site

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx