[muglo] Printers: was Re: Epson printer error

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:21:41 -0500

On Jan 18, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:
>
>> Dumb question: aren't colour lasers available for $500 or less now?
>>

> Samsung B/W are very good printers, sort of on a par with the old
> Applewriter Lasers, but colour lasers didn't get very good reviews

Well I'm still using an HP OfficeJet G85 all-in-one fax, scan copy
circa 1998 plus my trusty HP LaserJet 5 MP (1997 ish?) with to
+80,000 copies.  Some minor issues with both but all in all they have
both been workhorses for me and the family.  Issues have been mostly
software for the former some minor repairs for the latter.  Mr.
Steeper came to the rescue - official HP parts >$100, the Steeper
solution one nylon tie with some whittling to make it fit plus a
replacement pick-up rubber while we were in there and good as new (5
years ago anyway!).  Cost ~$30 including labour!!  No wonder he
couldn't make a living do that kind of stuff.

Martin