[modeleng] Re: Welding Advice

  • From: "shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:05:58 -0000

Hi Roger

Earlier this year, I bought the slides of  BCA jig borer from a chap in
Sussex.    The surface of the built-in rotary table was pitted, and he had
filled in the holes with a metal-loaded epoxy, and ground these level with
the surface.   Except for the difference in colour, this has made a very
acceptable repair, without submitting the rotary table to further machining
or welding.    Many years ago, I repaired a damaged cylinder on a printing
machine in a similar manner.

If you care to contact me at shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx, I will give you his email
address, and I am sure that he will give you a source of supply for this
excelent product.

Cheers!

Hubert in wet St Albans