[modeleng] Re: Welding Advice

  • From: steve crees <stevecrees@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:31:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Roger
If the bed is made from cast iron you could use 1.2mm dissimilar rods  but the
localised distortion and the normalising would mean the bed would need to be
machined and trued I personally would go with the epoxy filler I have used this
and if it is the same stuff you can tap it and machine it as though it was
metal the only thin I would say against it is the need for the surfaces to be
clinically clean.
Hope this helps
Steve