[modeleng] Re: Valve Gear Modifications

  • From: "BarriePurslow" <Barrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:27:40 -0000

Hello Ian,

I received the Winson valve gear mods for my Brit. I tried them on the
engine but could not notice any difference. The basic problem I had was the
abyssmal design of piston valves allowing leakage between the bobbins and
the liners also leakages between the liners and cylinder body.

I am at a loss to understand why you need the reverser in full reverse gear
to get it to go forward. Although I do recall that the thread on the worm
drive was R.H. and I changed it to L.H.....but you're not that daft?

The best advice I can offer is to build it to the Perrier drawings. The
Winson Brit was based on these - they bastardised, sorry, productionised it!

Regards,

Barrie Purslow
Warrington UK